Today’s business environment is characterized by multiple challenges that need to be met and overcome by business leaders and executives.
- As they plan for developing capabilities for the emerging, complex world of tomorrow, business and IT leaders need answers to some key questions like:
- Is the current IT strategy and architecture suitably poised to enable the organization take the next big leap towards competitive advantage?
- How do organizations gain meaningful business value from planned IT implementations?
- Are business processes within the organization so unique that they need bespoke systems? Is there potential to unearth trapped savings through package implementations?
- What processes are the candidates of choice to gain maximum benefits from package applications?
- What transition roadmap should an organization follow to achieve IT led transformation with lowest possible risk and optimized use of resources?
- How does an organization achieve process improvements during its effort of implementing enterprise wide package applications like SAP, ORACLE, and PeopleSoft?
AAT’s business process consulting practice assists organizations in achieving answers to these questions.
AAT’s business process consulting practice has a set of targeted offerings that encompass an entire gamut of operations and technology which needs of an enterprise.
Business Process Improvement (BPI)
Enterprise Application Package Selection
Business Case for Technology Investment / Outsourcing
Business performance improvement (BPI)
BPI focuses on improvement in business performance related to supply chain or customer relationship management. It is usually carried out prior to implementation of ERP/supply chain optimization/CRM product and plays a key role in defining the business processes, performance metrics, business rules/policies and supporting organization structure.
The BPI output sets the basis for product implementation. This ensures that the IT initiative has brought in the desired business change and the investments are paid off quickly.
Enterprise application package selection
Often organizations are in a dilemma to choose the right enterprise application package, which meets their business requirements and also fits into their overall IT strategy. AAT’s process consulting helps client select the right package by bringing in a team which thoroughly understands the business as well as contemporary technology.
Business case for technology investment / outsourcing
Prior to taking a decision on technology investment or outsourcing, it is imperative to know the business implication of such a crucial decision. AAT’s process consulting practice helps client in taking such decisions by preparing a business case. A business case would highlight the extent of investment required, business benefits from the investment, resources required for investment/outsourcing, associated risks, etc.
The late 90s were marked with increased technology spending by organizations across the globe with the hope of supporting and enhancing the complex requirements of the business. However as business enterprises invested in this complex IT systems, a major disconnect between what the business wanted and what IT could support was felt. Enterprises today need a clear concise and coherent strategy which creates the much-required alignment between the business strategy and initiatives with the organizations IT strategy and operations. The IT strategy offering of process consulting practice focuses on achieving this alignment.